SugarBook Review: Pricing, Features, And Tips
SugarBook generated exciting news last year, and with its lively South East Asian community, it seems like a good sugar dating platform to try. So our team signed up, purchased a monthly subscription, and investigated the pros and cons of the dating site. So let us share our findings and help you decide if this is the right sugar dating website for you.
Best alternative sites
Best for newcomers
Best baby to daddy ratio
Best for dating married people
|📈 Visits per month:||3M|
|✅ Profile verification:||Yes|
|❤️ Reply rate:||88%|
|🌍 Most used in:||US, UK, and Canada|
Who is SugarBook for?
- Sugar babies are interested in luxury dating, gifts, dates, travel, etc.
- Sugar daddies and sugar mommies interested in straightforward relationships
- LGBTQ+ singles seeking companionship, casual hookups, or mutually-beneficial relationships
- Great sugar daddy and sugar baby profiles, ID and payment verifications
- Android and iOS mobile apps for a comfortable on-the-go experience
- Live streams with gifts, emojis, and messages
- SugarBook Terms of Relationship feature to get on the same page fast
- Unlimited messaging and private photos for premium members
- Communication is impossible until the profile is 100% complete
- Location and last activity date are public in every free account
- Mobile apps must be downloaded and installed manually
SugarBook signup process
During our quick online research, we learned that SugarBook was founded in Malaysia in 2016 and shortly became one of the most popular online dating platforms in the Asian and Pacific regions. With 3+ million registered sugar babies and sugar daddies, the platform sees over 200K visitors monthly.
So we went through several stages to gain access to all SugarBook features:
- SugarBook registration. Instead of using Facebook credentials, we chose to use email and password. This step also entailed confirming our age (18 or older) and primary dating goals. The options included male and female accounts, attractive and successful statuses, and a search for male or female users. That’s how we learned SugarBook is LGBTQ+ friendly and works for sugar babies, sugar mommas, and sugar daddies.
- Terms of Relationship (TOR). We had the option to choose five TORs among a dozen options, including monthly or weekly allowance, platonic, hookups, transgender friendly, and more. Judging by the “New” badge, the feature was relatively fresh, and we thought it was a neat way to facilitate relationship terms negotiation. It also helped us find suitable partners faster, but we’ll share more about that later.
- Profile setup. Overall, the initial SugarBook registration process took less than a minute. The difficulties started later when we learned communication with other dating site members was only possible after completing the profile. It wasn’t too detailed but included a dozen required fields about appearance (height, weight, eye color, etc.), personal preferences and habits (drinking, smoking, etc.), description, and photos.
A thorough verification process was one of the best things about SugarBook for us. The sugar dating site required ID and selfie verification, as well as payment verification. The process could have taken a few business days, but we cut down the wait time to under 24 hours thanks to a premium subscription. Verified users gain more attention, but unfortunately, there were only so many verified sugar baby profiles among our SugarBook search results.
- Go through the SugarBook verification process right after registration to get the badge, generate more views, and increase your chances of meeting a suitable partner
- Upgrade to a premium account if you wish to hide your online status activity and location, as the feature is unavailable for free accounts
- Add quality public and private photos to attract more SugarBook views and messages and control private photos access via profile settings
Like most dating websites, SugarBook comes with a free membership for sugar daddies, but it offers limited features. So we decided to invest in a monthly premium membership to learn whether it would be worth the expense.
|1-month premium SugarBook account||$71.95 for 1-month||+ 1,000 coins|
|3-month premium access||$167,85 for 3-month||+ 1,000 coins|
|6-month premium access||$239.70 for 6-month||+ 5,000 coins|
First, we signed up for a SugarBook free account to look around, compare our findings to what we’ve seen in dating site reviews, and test what we could do without spending anything. We experimented with:
- Profile settings. We could change our email and password, but not recently active status or our location.
- Select filters. We tested all SugarBook search filters, including appearance, habits, education, and relationship status. By default, the search results included ladies closest to our location.
- Profile browsing. We enjoyed the comfortable single-page profile layout. Unfortunately, few sugar babies underwent profile verification or added extra public photos.
- Mobile apps. We had to manually download and install the SugarBook mobile app because it was banned from Google Play. Still, it made online dating on the go easier, despite the initial complications.
- Livestream watching. We found at least a dozen streams at any given time, and we joined quite a few with other sugar daddies. Most were sexy but a bit dull, and we couldn’t catch the sugar babies’ attention without spending coins.
SugarBook relies on monthly premium membership subscription plans for sugar daddies. At the same time, SugarBook Livestream coins package rates are:
- 200 coins for $1
- 500 coins for $2.49
- 1,000 coins for $4.99
- 2,000 coins for 9.99
- 6,113 coins for $26.99
- 12,250 coins for $53.99
- 21,177 coins for $84.99
- 88,888 coins for $319.99
The monthly SugarBook subscription provides access to premium features for sugar daddies, while coins can be used in Livestreams to send messages or virtual gifts to streamers.
Therefore, we used the following premium services:
- Advanced profile settings. We chose to hide our location and last SugarBook activity date to have some privacy.
- Location and advanced search filters. We looked for ladies fond of reading and cooking and used a location filter to search for interesting members across the globe, which seemed like a good idea for business travel.
- Terms of Relationship access. The free account gave us an insight into one of many TORs for each sugar baby, while premium membership made them all visible, improving our chances of finding suitable sugar babies.
- Photo messages. It was nice to exchange private messages with photos that weren’t visible to free members.
- Unlimited text messages. We enjoyed the lack of pressure that comes with paying for every minute of live chat or starting new conversations.
- Livestream gifts. Sending gifts and requests to streamers was the highlight of our SugarBook experience. Gift prices ranged from 75 to 10,000 coins, so we didn’t get a chance to test this feature as much as we’d have preferred.
SugarBook prices were within the medium range for sugar dating sites, and premium membership enabled multiple advanced features for enhancing our profile and finding suitable sugar baby accounts. While a monthly rate seemed slightly overpriced at over $70, long-term plans were a solid investment.
If you choose to buy a premium SugarBook account, please remember that your subscription will be automatically renewed unless you send a cancellation request at least a week before the renewal date. Deleting a mobile app will not stop ongoing SugarBook charges.
How to find sugar babies on SugarBook
SugarBook makes finding sugar babies and sugar daddies easy for free and premium users. So let’s talk about our experience finding suitable partners in more detail.
The search tab was easy to locate in the upper left corner, next to the SugarBook logo. At first, the dating site provided a list of suitable sugar babies based on our location only. But we started experimenting with search filters almost immediately. They were all located to the left of the search results, though search and location fields only became available after we upgraded to premium sugar daddy membership.
We were surprised by the SugarBook basic filters that included options, age, ethnicity, lifestyle, height, and relationship status. At the same time, the rest (including children, habits, and education) were hidden under the Advanced options. We found options to include only premium and unviewed profiles and those who favorited us extremely helpful.
At the same time, the SugarBook search became significantly slower when we specified all preferences. The wait time could be pretty annoying, and the search feature didn’t work as well as the location filter.
SugarBook search results showed us small photos and basic information about sugar babies, including their appearance data and TORs. Clicking on the search results tab opened the sugar baby’s profile. Each profile page included five main blocks:
- Photo, relationship goals, join date, and recent activity on the top
- Appearance, habits, and other SugarBook account information on the left
- Sugar baby public pictures on the right
- Description and relationship goals in a separate “About” tab on the right
- Private photos on the bottom
The top block included Message and Favorite buttons, as well as a settings wheel that would let us report or block a user.
Most sugar baby profiles we browsed were detailed and full of photos, though we also stumbled upon a few that were disappointingly sparse, with barely a handful of public photos. And while some ladies invested in premium accounts, most filled the dating site’s student program and were not verified. We could not decide whether the verification process was too involved for most sugar babies or whether they did not wish to share their ID details with SugarBook.
It was easy to start conversations with a Message button in sugar babies’ profiles. However, the messaging feature only became available after we confirmed our sugar daddy email and completed our SugarBook profile. The latter took a few days as the photos went through moderation.
We enjoyed the Messages tab (found next to the Search tab in the upper left corner of the dashboard) as it provided access to all conversations in one place. We could easily navigate new and old messages. In fact, most sugar babies responded to our messages within a day, though some got back to us within minutes, and others didn’t bother opening our emails. Luckily, our SugarBook subscription came with a receipt feature that let us know when the messages were opened but left unanswered.
SugarBook special features
The Favorites tab caught our attention after Messages, as they were located right next to each other at the top of the SugarBook dashboard. We liked the minimalist layout that included four tabs for:
- Viewed me
- Favorited me
- Photo requests
Once our profile caught some sugar baby attention, we could easily navigate potential matches through these tabs. Unfortunately, we also had to resort to blocking a sugar baby or two. Their accounts ended up among the Blocked Members in the Profile Settings. After blocking, they could not view our account or send messages, but they weren’t notified we’d blocked them.
Live streams were a recent addition to SugarBook features, and we couldn’t miss the red flashing invitation to join them. We tested the feature and learned that streams came with emojis, texts, and gifts, though we had to share them with a few dozen other sugar daddies. However, many sugar daddies’ messages were ignored unless we spent some coins on a gift. Overall, the streams were lovely, with plenty of gorgeous girls to admire.
Our experience with SugarBook
We met half a dozen gorgeous sugar babies on SugarBook, so let us share the three most exciting experiences.
She added our SugarBook profile to her favorites and sent a message so provocative we were captivated. The petite brunette was looking for a weekly allowance sugar relationship, but her demands exceeded our budget. We offered a pay-per-date arrangement, but she wouldn’t meet us halfway. Instead, we flirted online for a few days before she got distracted by another sugar daddy and stopped responding to our messages.
The Exotic Angel
One of the first live streams we joined was held by an attractive Malaysian sugar baby dressed like a black angel. It was a riveting sight. We sent her a small gift and exchanged a few messages. But as we were merely doing our research and not actually looking for a sugar partner, we didn’t want to give the angel false hopes and wrapped up our chats quickly.
We couldn’t pass by a smiling blond sugar baby in an airplane cabin. Her SugarBook profile photo and a desire for a discreet sugar daddy relationship were too intriguing to ignore. Besides, she had a premium account, which added to the mystery. We had to work hard on the first message to grab her attention and got a reply the next day. The blond freely admitted to her love of shopping and travel, and we had a few fun conversations about her upcoming vacation plans. We’d have loved to meet her in person, but she was from Germany, so our sugar relationship remained platonic.
SugarBook connects sugar babies and daddies looking for mutually beneficial relationships in the same country or across borders. The dating website and SugarBook app promote profile completion and verification to increase member security. SugarBook is intuitive and minimalist, a good fit for people new to the sugar dating world. However, the messaging tools are limited to chat and live streaming with no voice or video calls.
Tips on using SugarBook
After our extensive study of SugarBook, we developed a list of five practical tips for a sugar daddy looking to find his sugar baby on this online dating website:
- Fill in your sugar daddy profile and upload photos on day one and go through verification as soon as possible to gain maximum views for your sugar daddy account
- Explore the online dating site and SugarBook free app before investing in a subscription plan to decide if this dating app works for you
- Experiment with live streams during different times of day to find the sugar baby streaming what you want to watch
- Fill in your Terms of Relationship carefully to attract the right kind of attention from sugar babies and find potential partners with matching relationship goals
- Invest in a long-term subscription plan if you join SugarBook over other dating sites to halve the monthly expenses.
We had fun working on this SugarBook review. The sugar dating site and mobile app made it easy to create a sugar daddy account and start searching for a sugar baby. We experienced free and advanced features first-hand and can attest to the benefits of a premium account. SugarBook offers all the sugar dating staples, including messaging and private photo functions, but streams are even better at connecting sugar babies with potential sugar daddies. This niche site is worth the expense, especially its long-term sugar daddy subscription plans.