How to Become a Sugar Baby: a Simple Guide to Explain How It Works
In this sugar baby guide, we’ll tell you how to become a SB. But before that, let’s talk about some important things to know before being a sugar baby — it’s necessary for a new sugar baby to be aware of these facts before she finds a sugar daddy.
Best Sites to Become a Sugar Baby
Not all sugar daddy dating sites are suitable for new sugar babies. So to help you start your sugar dating journey, we gathered the best sugar baby sites for beginners.
- —4.4 stars on Trustpilot and over 20M monthly visitors allow us to assume that Secret Benefits is a reliable sugar dating site where you can meet a wealthy sugar daddy. The platform is completely free for SBs, but SDs have to pay for communication and other advanced features with credits. Secret Benefits has many cool features like granting access to Secret Albums or seeing who viewed your profile.
- —Another legit sugar daddy website with over 650K of monthly visits. It has a user-friendly interface, many interactive features, and lots of verified profiles of wealthy sugar daddies. There is an option of having a private album and granting access to this album to a SD you like. Finally, the service is completely free for SBs.
- —This sugar dating site is a leader in the niche with over 10M monthly visits. It is suitable for both new and experienced sugar babies. Ashley Madison allows users to stay anonymous and gives an opportunity to grant access to your private photos to certain users on request. Unfortunately, the only communication feature the site has is messaging, but the good news is the platform is free of charge for female users.
- —This specialized website has over 1M monthly visits, which makes it a perfect place to seek a rich SD. The platform has a user-friendly design, intuitive navigation, and is free for SBs. You can find a perfect match using an effective search that has different filters and then add him or her to favorites. Plus, members can see who viewed their profiles, which also helps find potential matches.
- —This sugar dating website has around 1.4M monthly visits, so we can say that it is one of the best services for sugar daddy search. Emily Dates is free for sugar babies and allows them to enjoy such features as search, winks, favorites, messages, as well as Encounters.
If you are new to sugar dating and looking for a dating site with a straightforward layout and functionality,is a top choice. The array of features is standard and easy to use, not to mention its mobile-friendly design and opportunity to seek matches within your location. So, Secret Benefits is definitely worth trying.
Things to Know Before Being a Sugar Baby
How much will you make? How long will it take? Here, we’ll talk about the things no one else will teach you!
- Fact #1: The average sugar baby makes $2,800 per month. But this doesn’t mean you’ll make that much, of course — new sugar babies often agree on a much lower allowance (think $1,000-$1,500 or $100-$200 for 1 date).
- Fact #2: Sugar dating is definitely not a long-term thing. Most sugar relationships last 2-3 months—it might be you who develops feelings or it might be him who just stops showing up, but it’s almost never about long-term relationships. Don’t expect long-term sugar relationships—it’s always better to be realistic in your sugar daddy relationship rules.
- Fact #3: Being a sugar baby can be dangerous (financial scams, sexual violence, etc). You need to be extremely careful, especially if you’ve never participated in sugar dating before.
How to Become a Sugar Baby?
How do you become a sugar baby? It’s pretty simple. Here’s a step-by-step guide for you:
- Understand how it works. Sugar dating is different from traditional (“vanilla”) dating—you need to understand the differences clearly to set the right expectations. For example, was created for married people, so it’s likely your sugar daddy will be someone’s husband. At the same time, ‘s purpose is to connect SDs with girls for mutually beneficial relationships.
- Find trustworthy sugar daddy websites. It’s extremely important to find the right sugar daddy website because that’s where your story begins—if you choose a poor-quality sugar dating site without anti-scam protection or profile verification, you will meet a lot of fake profiles and scammers.
- Write a good sugar baby profile and upload your best photos. Creating a high-quality profile is the most important thing to do because it’s your profile that makes the first impression. If the first impression is good, you’ll get a lot of messages.
- Buy a premium subscription if it’s possible. Most sugar dating sites are free for sugar babies, but you can still buy a premium membership to make your profile stand out from the crowd.
- Discuss the boundaries and limits. That’s the main difference between sugar relationships and “vanilla” relationships—the main feature of sugar dating is that you can discuss both the limits and the allowance in advance.
- Go on a date, but don’t forget that the first date must be in a public place. It’s extremely important, and it’s the #1 sugar dating safety rule. Unfortunately, sugar dating isn’t 100% safe, especially when it comes to offline dating. That’s why it’s highly recommended to meet your potential sugar daddy (it’s called M&G or Meet and Greet) in a public place for security reasons.
Now, let’s talk about more details of becoming an online sugar baby.
How to Become a Sugar Baby Online?
There are two problems with online sugar babies. The first one is that there are very few active/professional sugar babies, but there are a lot of wannabes. The second one is the reason for the first one: only a few sugar daddies are searching for this kind of relationship. It’s like having a personal cam girl who provides a SD with photos, videos, and text messages—and even though sugar dating comes in many flavors, this type of sugar dating is one of the least popular of sugar arrangements.
However, it’s still possible—and here are the top 4 tips that will help you find an online-only sugar daddy.
- Your profile must be even more attractive than the profiles of “traditional” sugar babies. If you’re only going to communicate online, your online dating profile is what makes the first impression and all the further impressions. Upload only your best and hottest photos—if you don’t have them yet, pay for a professional photo shoot. You have to invest in your dating profile pictures. That’s how it works.
- It’s all about the content you’re going to create. The higher its quality is—the more money you’ll get. That’s why it’s very important to make another investment—buy some high-quality lingerie and bikinis, get a better camera and flash (or at least the latest iPhone), etc. It’s impossible to become a successful online SB with average-quality pictures or videos.
- Verify your profile. Unfortunately, the online sugar babies pool is full of fake profiles and scammers, and sugar daddies know about it. That’s why you’ll need to prove your identity (if such an option is available) to make your profile look even more real, as well as make sugar daddies feel safe and secure with you.
- If a sugar daddy starts asking to meet in person, simply move to the next one. There are some “online-only” sugar daddies, but the number of such people is extremely low. Additionally, some SDs start asking for meetings after a certain period of online dating. If a sugar daddy suddenly says he wants to meet you in person, again and again, but you want to follow your online-only sugar baby path, don’t hesitate to move to another candidate.
Sugar Baby Guide
What else do you need to know before becoming a sugar baby? Continue reading to find out!
- Learn about the culture. Sugar relationships are often hard to understand for new sugar babies and this can lead to wrong expectations, loss of time and money, etc. Learning the rules, the dos and don’ts, and the etiquette of sugar dating in advance will be beneficial for you later.
- Invest in your appearance. Sugar babies are associated with stunning and luxurious women for a reason. Wealthy men are drawn to gorgeous ladies who take care of their bodies and know their worth.
- Always be clear. What type of sugar relationship are you looking for? What types of dates are you going to go on with your daddy? Is intimacy included (almost always, it is, but still)? A monthly allowance or a Pay Per Meet system? Answer all these sugar daddy questions in advance to understand what you’re looking for and to make it easier for a sugar daddy to understand your expectations.
- Set your boundaries. Both you and your sugar daddy might have personal boundaries during dating or intimacy. It’s always wise to discuss them beforehand, as a sugar relationship should be comfortable on both sides.
- Meet them! Texting with sugar daddies for weeks makes no sense because you’ll never meet them. Just move on to a sugar daddy who really wants to meet you, don’t waste your time.
Sugar baby requirements: Checklist
When you’re thinking about what it takes to be successful on sugar daddy websites, you’re probably thinking, “How old are sugar babies?” or “Am I attractive enough?” But there are more important things that can make or break your sugar experience. And while each sugar daddy has a specific list of unique sugar baby qualifications (for example, some value good grammar), the majority agree that these 4As are essential for successful sugar relationships:
- Attraction. It’s not just about your beauty; you should also be genuinely attracted to sugar daddies, for they can always tell when you’re faking.
- Attention. You need to be present in your relationship, especially on your dates. Chatting between meets and getting off your phone when you’re together show sugar daddies that they’re a priority for you.
- Affection. Unless you’re in a transactional NSA relationship, sugar daddies will appreciate simple tokens of affection, like hugs, cuddling, kissing, or holding hands. And SDs will want you to initiate such contact sometimes.
- Appreciation. To become sugar baby ideal, you should be generous with your gratitude and appreciation without taking gifts and experiences for granted. Genuine gratitude will encourage SDs to do more nice things for you to feel appreciated again.
As you can see, there’s no particular sugar baby training you need to go through to succeed in sugar daddy relationships, but character and attitude matter a lot.
Becoming a Sugar Baby: Conclusion
It’s not that hard to become a sugar baby (especially if you’re young and attractive) but it’s very important to understand the risks, the boundaries, and the very concept of “sugaring”. As long as you’re ok with the idea of a mutually beneficial relationship, you’ll enjoy sugar dating!
A good sugar baby looks great and is well-mannered and polite. She’s not only interested in getting fancy gifts but also cares about education, personal growth, and self-development (that’s what attracts the best sugar daddies). Of course, she always follows the rules of her sugar arrangements.
Reputable online sugar platforms take all the necessary measures to ensure the security of members. Nevertheless, it’s advisable not to share personal information until you have established some trust. Use a nickname and never give out personal information to strangers, such as your location or financial details.
Mutually beneficial sugar relationships are not meant to last long since they are free of obligations. As a sugar baby, you date established men, both setting your own rules by openly discussing your preferences. Usually, a sugar baby gets a monthly allowance from her sugar daddy and goes on dates without an emotional attachment and falling in love.
It’s considered that 20 is the “golden age” for a sugar baby, but we should also emphasize that youth isn’t the only thing a sugar daddy cares about. More and more sugar babies start their “careers” later, at the age of 25 and older, and are pretty popular due to their good looks, intelligence, and experience.
It depends on the amount of money you receive, the form of payment, and what it is more, a gift or a payment for services. Gift money from a sugar daddy is not taxed if you get less than $15,000 a year. As for income for services, a sugar baby can pay taxes as a self-employed person.
A sugar baby lifestyle appears attractive with all of its pleasures, financial assistance, excellent clothes, and chances to enter a private society. So if the mutually beneficial arrangement is your preferable type of relationship and you are ready to offer something in return, it is definitely worth the effort. Just set reasonable expectations before you begin seeking a sugar daddy.
To start your sugar dating journey, choose a site that offers privacy and security to its users, has a sizable sugar dating community, and has good expert evaluations. After that, spend enough time making a captivating profile. Create a flirtatious headline, add several attractive photographs of yourself, and express your dating preferences in your sugar baby profile.
A typical sugar baby is looking for an established, wealthy man that will provide her with a daily or monthly allowance for some period of time. The sugar type of arrangement implies setting conditions that will suit both parties, going on dates regularly without serious intentions.
Most sugar babies choose online dating services since it’s a more secure way of getting a sugar daddy. Reputable sugar platforms enable you to create an attractive profile and provide all the necessary tools for searching your sugar relationships in a protected environment with a low percentage of fake profiles.
Popular sugar dating sites offer plenty of opportunities for sugar babies. So after creating an attractive profile on one of them, don’t be afraid to approach sugar daddies who share your interests and can offer you financial rewards. Take the initiative in communication, discuss conditions, monthly allowance, and the frequency of dates in order to enjoy sugar dating.