How To Get A Sugar Daddy To Give You Money
For a sugar baby new to sugar daddy websites, it’s normal to feel awkwardness and inner resistance when asking for money or gifts. In this post, we explain how to tell a sugar daddy what you want. But first, you need an account with a reliable sugar dating site.
If you still undecided which platform to choose, here is the list of the best websites to get a sugar daddy:
Best for newcomers
Best baby to daddy ratio
Best for secret relationships
How to ask a sugar daddy for money?
No one likes talking about money in a normal relationship. But for a sugar relationship, it’s totally natural and essential to guarantee sugar baby and daddy are on the same page. So let us walk you through some common scenarios and how to tell a sugar daddy what you want in each of the typical situations.
How to ask a sugar daddy for money before the meeting?
Use the sugar dating site to your advantage and let the potential sugar daddy know about your needs and expectations in your sugar baby profile. You can also discuss allowance or PPM rates before the first date to keep unpleasant surprises to a minimum for both of you.
Once you agree to a coffee or cocktail date, raise the payment issue subtly not to put the sugar daddy off the idea of meeting you. We’ve come across a few lines that might work:
- I don’t want anything to ruin our first date, so how about we settle the money issue beforehand?
- You know I’m new to this. How do you usually cover first-date payments with sugar babies?
- It’s a date. Do you want to settle the payment now or when we meet?
Of course, you are free to use these lines, but we’re sure you’ll come up with better ideas tailored to your conversation with a sugar daddy.
How to ask a sugar daddy for money on the first date?
Not every first date leads to a multi-year relationship, traditional or sugar one. However, once you get over the first impressions and compare each other to your dating site profile photos comes the inevitable money talk. To make it pleasant and less awkward, consider the following tips:
- Learn more about each other. Do not open a conversation with your desire to discuss allowance or how much money you want to get. Instead, treat it like a regular first date, with a few subtle differences.
- Talk about what he wants from your sugar relationship. New sugar daddies may be uncomfortable discussing their desires, so you’ll need to guide the conversation. Conversely, experienced daddies may get straight to the point.
- Explain what you’re comfortable offering. This does involve not only sexual intimacy but also other aspects of the sugar relationship you may wish to avoid, such as travel or meeting in certain places, etc.
- Go over your financial expectations. Once you know more about your sugar daddy, you can share your financial expectations and tell him how he can help you alleviate some struggles. You can also specify whether you want money or are ready to settle for gifts and experiences, but it is important to clearly outline what kind of gifts are in question.
- Negotiate the terms. If you have chemistry and your needs match, hash out the specifics, such as the sum and ways for you to get more money, the number of dates per week or month, exclusivity, sexual intimacy, etc.
Throughout your conversation, try to keep the sugar daddy talking, and do not go into much detail about your past arrangements. Most men do not appreciate being compared to others, especially on the first date.
How much should I ask my sugar daddy for?
Generous sugar daddies can spend $10,000 to $15,000 on a sugar baby per month, but typical monthly allowances range between $1,500 and $3,000, depending on the city, number of dates, and sugar daddy’s preferences. At the same time, pay-per-meet arrangements range from $300 to $1,800.
To estimate how much allowance you can expect and keep your requests reasonable, use the following tactics:
- Get to know your sugar daddy and his financial situation. You shouldn’t expect a huge sum from someone who makes $100K per year.
- Ask about his previous arrangements. It’s a subtle way to learn how much he used to pay sugar babies in past relationships and what he expected from them in exchange.
- Ask your sugar daddy what sum he’s comfortable with. He may give you the upper limit or a range, making it easier for you to formulate your financial needs.
Unfortunately, most sugar babies come into the sugar world with unrealistic expectations and hope to make dating their primary source of income, only to be disappointed. We recommend keeping your financial goals realistic and treating sugar dating as an adventure with monetary bonuses rather than a job.
How to get a sugar daddy to buy you things?
The perfect approach depends on your sugar daddy and your relationship. For example, not all sugar daddies like directness and prefer subtlety and hints, but if it doesn’t work, we recommend a tried-and-true algorithm that usually produces excellent results:
- Open with a question. Something like “Hey, daddy. You got a minute for me?” will prime him for your request.
- Pay a compliment. Mention how much fun you had on your last date, how much he rocked your world, or how excited you are for your next meeting.
- Explain your request. Start with “And I’d really love it if you…” or something like that, and avoid “but” in your requests.
- Add your reasoning. Explain why you need your sugar daddy to take care of this issue or why you cannot afford it.
- Close with a question. Something like “Could you, please, take care of that for me?” will make it a conversation rather than a demand for money, which is much more likely to get you what you want.
This is just one look at how to tell a sugar daddy what you want. As you become more familiar with sugar dating websites and relationships, you’ll develop more ways of getting what you want.
How to get money from sugar daddy: Safest way to receive money from sugar daddy
After you negotiate your monthly allowance or PPM terms, you need to choose a safe and convenient way to get money from a sugar daddy. Some sugar daddy websites offer to take care of the payments, but if you’re not comfortable with them, we recommend the following options to remain a successful sugar baby:
- Cash—a sugar dating staple, as it’s anonymous, untraceable, and safe from the IRS and other third parties. It’s handy in the early stages of sugar relationships before negotiating allowance details with your sugar daddy.
- PayPal—a convenient and familiar payment method, fast and affordable for sugar babies and daddies. Just make sure your sugar daddies know to specify the money is a gift, not payment. Otherwise, PayPal will report it to the IRS, especially if the annual income is over $20,000, or you get over 200 payments.
- E-wallet—mobile apps like CashApp, Venmo, and Zelle are fast and easy to use, have minimal fees, and offer non-reversible payments. As long as you remember that these apps do not fall under buyer protection and know not to fall for scams, it’s an excellent payment method.
- Cryptocurrency—the most untraceable of all options, cryptocurrency is excellent for keeping your sugar relationship secret. Of course, your sugar daddy and you will need crypto wallets or apps to make things easier. Just remember that Bitcoin and other tokens (except stable coins) are notoriously volatile, so the exchange rate can skyrocket or plummet within hours.
Many sugar babies prefer to receive money from sugar daddies via direct deposit or wire transfer. Still, we do not recommend sharing your account details until you’re 100% sure you can trust your daddy. And if a potential sugar daddy wants to pay you with gift cards or checks, it may be a sign of a scammer, so you’d better seek other arrangements.
Sugar relationships are impossible without the exchange of money for companionship, so discussing your financial needs and arrangement details is totally fine even before the first date. As long as you follow our advice and are honest, subtle, and delicate, you’ll get exactly what you want from a sugar daddy.