How Much to Pay Sugar Baby? A Full Sugar Baby Allowance Guide
Want to become a sugar daddy but don’t know how to determine a reasonable sugar baby allowance? Want to become a baby but don’t know how much should a sugar daddy pay? The answers to all of your questions are right here!
And if you still undecided which platform to choose, here is the list of the best websites to start sugar dating:
Best for newcomers
Best for dating married people
Best for NSA relationships
Given the opportunity to get an allowance from sugar daddies,stands out on the dating market, as it offers a wide range of wealthy men interested in mutually beneficial relationships and companionship. The great choice of free features also attracts users to register on this dating platform.
What Is Sugar Babies Allowance?
The sugar baby allowance (sugar daddy allowance, sugar allowances, etc) is the money a sugar daddy pays to a sugar baby in exchange for companionship and sex. Sugar daddies send sugar babies money with cash, with transfers to bank accounts, with a pre-paid card, cryptocurrencies, etc. Most sugar daddies and babies prefer cash because it’s untraceable, but you’ll be able to discuss the payment method.
Another, more sensitive topic, is the amount of the sugar daddy allowance—the sugar daddy allowances may range from $1,000 per month to $10,000 per month and it’s quite hard for beginning babies and daddies to understand how much to pay and to ask. Here, we’ll talk about the allowance and other expenses in more detail.
But first, let’s talk about the types of allowance. Is the monthly allowance the only option?
There are actually two most common allowance types: monthly and PPM (pay per meet). Let’s talk about them.
Monthly allowance is when you pay (or get paid) per month. Sugar daddy sends his baby money at the beginning/end of every month until a sugar daddy/sugar baby decides that it’s time to end the sugar relationship. Some babies have a weekly or a biweekly allowance, but it’s extremely rare.
Pay per meeting (PPM) is when sugar babies charge for each meeting. According to several online dating platforms, PPM is the most common payment type in the sugar world. Even those who prefer monthly allowance for a sugar date say that it’s always better to use the PPM system during the first few dates because of two reasons.
First of all, you don’t know if the woman you’ve met on Secret Benefits is the right person for you at the very beginning, so paying a few thousands right away makes no sense—paying a few hundred dollars for a meeting works much better at the first date. Second, it’s about safety—women who want to meet sugar daddy want to feel safe on the first date and they want to be sure the daddy won’t fool them.
That’s why Pay Per Meet is the best option for the first dates, no matter if the first date is in a fancy restaurant or in a hotel room.
Monthly sugar daddy allowance vs sugar baby allowance per visit: Which one is better for you?
The monthly allowance is like a salary while PPM is a contract type situation. It’s is the best option for sugar daddies and babies who trust each other and know each other well. The PPM option is the best choice for those who don’t know each other yet, as well as for those who want to “maintain the fantasy”—some daddies and babies say that it’s easier to keep each other interested with PPM.
Types of Sugar Daddy-Sugar Baby Relationships
The average sugar daddy allowance was $74,772 in 2007 and $61,200 in 2013. In 2021, it’s $28,800 per year.
However, this number doesn’t mean anything for you. In reality, there are at least 7 sugar relationship types—each of them is paid differently. Let’s be more detailed.
It’s not even “sugar dating”, actually—it’s a relationship with someone you consider a friend. This is the least common type of sugar relationships—according to some studies, only 4% of babies are involved in this type of arrangement. Sugar friendship does not involve sex, only going out, drinking, seeing movies, etc. The main difference between sugar friendship and traditional friendship is that a “sugar friend” can pay for bills and cover living expenses.
How Much will a Sugar Baby Get?
$0-$500 per month
Sugar Friendship With Benefits
This type of sugar relationships is exactly like the previous one with an obvious difference: sex. If you are in FWB type of relationship and you pay for certain things/clothes/bills or get your living expenses covered, that’s called sugar friendship with benefits.
How Much Will a Sugar Baby Get?
$0-$1,000 per month.
In this type of sugar relationship, sugar babies go to dinner, work events, and even serve as arm candy to their sugar daddies. When it comes to this type of sugar dating, sex is not always included—according to the polls, the majority of sugar babies who provide compensated companionship don’t have sexual interactions (however, after reading sugar babies forums and sugar dating sites we’re doubtful about this statement).
How Much Will a Sugar Baby Get?
$1,000-$1,500 per month.
Just sex, nothing else. Technically, it’s sex work—sugar daddies pay per sugar dates but there are no fancy dinners, restaurants, cuddling, and sweet talks. The majority of sugar daddies want sex and, at the same time, someone to talk to, to go to dinner with, and to watch a movie with.
The daddies who are searching for sugar prostitutes (do we need the word “sugar” here?) don’t need anything except sex. Before you agree on such an option to make some extra money, remember that sex worker activity is illegal in the US.
How Much Will a Sugar Baby Get?
$1,000-$5,000+ per month (depends on a lot of factors)
Compensated dating is pretty similar to compensated companionship, but with a major difference—sugar babies and sugar daddies involved in compensated dating typically have a deeper connection with each other. They spend more time with their sugar partners, they are engaged in more activities, and they are more emotionally linked to each other (to the extent it is possible in a sugar relationship).
How Much Will a Sugar Baby Get?
$2,000-$5,000+ per month.
That’s what most sugar babies actually think about when they’re talking about a “sugar relationship” or about a “mutually beneficial relationship”. It’s the most common type of sugar relationship and it’s actually very similar to compensated dating—sugar babies spend a lot of time with their sponsors and they are involved in a lot of activities.
The main difference of sugar dating from other types OF is that it’s always about sex—the absolute majority of sugar babies involved in sugar dating have sexual interactions with a benefactor.
How Much Will a Sugar Baby Get?
$4,000-$10,000 per month.
“Pragmatic love” has one difference from sugar dating: sugar babies involved in this type of relationship see a sugar daddy as a potential husband. “Pragmatic love” is about genuine feelings—and of course, about sex. The absolute majority of sugar babies involved in this type of sugar relationship have sex with a sugar daddy.
How Much Will a Sugar Baby Get?
$4,000-$10,000 per month (with a perspective to end up together)
Sugar Baby Payment Calculator
With the sugar daddy allowances ranging from $1,000 to $10,000, it may be difficult to understand how much you need to pay to a sugar baby. This sugar baby allowance calculator will help any potential sugar daddy to determine the right allowance for a sugar partner.
Pay Per Meet Sugar Baby Allowance
- Platonic date (4-8 hours, dinner, communication): $100-$200
- Standard date (4-8 hours, dinner, sexual interaction)—$300-$800
- Overnight date (12+ hours, dinner, sexual interaction, all night long)—$400-$2,000
Sugar Baby Monthly Allowance
- Platonic arrangement (Meet 2-4 times, vacation, a business trip)—$1,000-$2,000
- Standard (the same as platonic but with sex)—$2,000-$8,000
- Frequent dates (meet 6-8 times, special sexual needs)—$3,000-$10,000
P.S Please, keep in mind that these are the average sugar baby allowances for a big city—think New York City, San Francisco, or Chicago. If you live in a small town, the average allowance will be 1.5-2 times lower.
How much should a sugar daddy pay for pictures?
Selling photos is not a standard part of a sugar arrangement, but it can be a source of additional income for SBs. So how much do sugar babies charge for pictures? You can find the answer by considering the three questions below:
- What is your current arrangement with a sugar daddy? For example, if you already have a sugarbaby allowance or PPM deal, asking for extra payment for pictures may turn away your SDs. Alternatively, if you have an online-only arrangement with no fixed charges, you can set up a sugar baby payment for individual photos.
- What types of photos are you willing to share? The more intimate and explicit the photos, the higher the sugar baby salary you can expect. For example, a picture of your feet can go for $5, but a full-body naked photo could be worth ten times as much.
- How much does a sugar daddy pay for private photo access on sugar dating sites? Most sugar dating sites require an additional payment in dollars or credits to unlock secret albums, so you can calculate your sugar baby cost based on those rates.
Ultimately, you can only charge as much as sugar daddies are willing to pay. So you should be careful with your expectations and pricing not to gain a negative reputation among SDs.
Sugar Baby Allowance Guide: Factors That Influence the Average Sugar Baby Allowance
When it comes to sugar baby dating, there are some things we can say with confidence. Newbie sugar babies usually get less money from a sugar daddy than experienced ladies. The subscription on Secret Benefits costs $169. The allowance in New York City will be higher than in Cleveland. Sugar daddies prefer younger babies.
But when it comes to the questions like “how much to pay sugar baby?”, it’s not that simple.
As you’ve probably noticed, there is no such thing as a weekly or monthly allowance that would work for 100% of babies and daddies. The average allowance depends on a lot of factors from experience and appearance to the frequency of meetings.
Here, we’ll talk about these factors in more detail—we won’t cover all the factors, of course, but we’ll definitely list the most important ones. If you’re a beginner baby, you can use the following lists as sugar baby tips, by the way. If you’re an experienced sugar daddy, you’ll probably find something new here, too!
Factors that influence sugar baby allowance: Appearance, education, and others
- Appearance. Everything is simple—the more beautiful a baby is, the higher allowance she may expect from a sugar daddy. But it’s not something written in stone, of course—the natural beauty isn’t the only factor here. Makeup, fashionable clothes, fitness, that “classy” behavior, elegance—all these things are equally important.
- Needs of a woman. After all, it’s a baby who determines the allowance, and a sugar daddy agrees or refuses to pay. If a woman needs more than a daddy can afford, she might meet several sugar daddies or focus on a long-term relationship (they are often paid better).
- Education. The better education she has, the higher a daddy will have to pay. However, it’s not a rule that works in 100% of cases.
- The age of a baby. The girls who are in their 20s are usually paid higher than the ladies in their 30s and 40s. However, it’s not a rule—there are lots of classy ladies in their 30s who are paid much more than beginning babies in their 20s!
- Frequency of the dates. It doesn’t matter if you meet your partner on a PPM basis or pay her an allowance. In short, the rule sounds like this: the more often you meet a partner, the more you pay or get paid.
- Sex. It’s a very controversial topic surrounded by lots of myths and stereotypes—babies often say they don’t have sex with their daddies because of social stigma while daddies aren’t commenting on it.
- The net worth of the daddy. Most babies do a background check so what costs $2,000 for one might cost $5,000 for another! We don’t want to say they are greedy, but if you’re a billionaire, you will most likely have to pay more.
- The duration of the date also matters—the date that lasts 1-2 hours costs much less than the date that lasts 8 or even 12 hours.
- The income level of the city you live in. Bigger cities, bigger prices—the baby in Miami will cost 2, 3, or even 5 times more than a baby from a small town. The most expensive US cities regarding sugaring are Miami, New York, and San Francisco—so if are a daddy who lives in one of these cities, it makes sense to find a woman from another location.
Here’s what we can tell you: the absolute majority of babies have sex with their sponsors. Yes, it’s possible to find a daddy who doesn’t need intimacy or just doesn’t want it—but the chances to meet such a man on a dating platform are extremely low. The point is, the allowance in platonic relationships is usually much lower than the allowance in “classic” relationships. The platonic date might cost around $200 while a date with sex can cost $500 or even more than that.
P.S. It’s not only about the factors we’ve listed above. There is no national average when it comes to the allowance—some women are totally ok with $200 per date, the others need more than $5,000 per month.
There are actually dozens of factors that influence the allowance—from the mood of a woman at the moment when she is writing a message to the appearance of a daddy (some SBs say that they are ready to agree on a lower allowance if an SD is young and fit). What’s more, it’s not even about the allowance only—the total cost consists of the allowance, gifts, trips, and all that.
The Cheapest and Most Expensive States to Have a Sugar Baby
You may already know that the prices on sugar babies vary depending on their location. As a matter of fact, there are some states and cities where sugar baby allowances are simply crazy. At the same time, there are also some places where sugar dating is more affordable. So let’s take a look at both the cheapest and most expensive places for sugar dating.
The Most expensive States for Sugar Dating
- California (Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego). California is known to be an expensive state to live, and sugar dating there is pretty costly too. On average, SDs spend about $5,000 a month.
- Washington (Seattle, Olympia, Tacoma). Washington is not as expensive as California, but pretty costly too, especially in big cities. The average price of a SB there is about $7,000 per month plus dates, gifts, travel expenses, etc.
- Oregon (Portland, Salem, Eugene). Believe it or not, Oregon is rather expensive too. On average, sugar daddies spend about $4,000-$6,500 per month.
The Cheapest States for Sugar Dating
- Massachusetts (Boston, Worcester, Springfield). Massachusetts is one of the most affordable states for sugar dating. A sugar baby there will cost you up to $2,000.
- Georgia (Atlanta, Savanna, Columbus). The southern states are not too expensive either. In fact, having a sugar baby in Georgia costs about $2,000-$3,000 per month.
- Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Lancaster). Surprisingly, Pennsylvania is also an affordable state for sugar dating. As some sugar babies say, they receive $2,000-$3,000 per month.
The Most Expensive Cities for Sugar Dating
Of course, if the state is not included in the list of the most expensive sugar dating states, it does not mean it’s super cheap. In fact, some insanely expensive cities are not on the list. So let’s take a look at the most expensive cities for sugar relationships.
- New York City, NY
- Oakland, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Washington, D.C.
- Honolulu, HI
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Miami, FL
Sugar Baby Salary: Conclusion
The sugar baby allowance range depends on a lot of factors—from the appearance of a baby to the financial situation of a sugar daddy. There is no clear answer to the question “how much allowance do babies get”—but in general, most babies need around $2,000-$6,000. And it’s quite rare to meet a baby who wants more than, say, $8,000 per month even in a large city.
Each couple decides on this issue individually. Most often, in the first messages, partners discuss their goals and share how they like to spend time. If the two are going to start a relationship, they will discuss the benefits already on the first or second day of communication. You can also start this conversation; it’s lovely.
The amount a sugar baby can make relies upon a lot of factors. However, recent statistics indicate that the typical sugar baby earns approximately $1,000 to $5,000 per month. The truth is that these numbers vary a lot, depending on how attractive a sugar baby is, her dating preferences, her negotiation skills, and even the city where she lives.
Assuming a sugar daddy decides to pay his sugar partner per meeting, he should be ready to spend from $100 to $2,000 per date. However, the final cost will depend on several factors, such as your income, amount of days you see each other, how often you go out, and your sugar baby preferences.
There are actually two most common ways how sugar daddies pay—by providing daily and monthly allowance types. When a sugar baby gets payment once a month, this is referred to as a monthly allowance. Another option is paying per meeting, which is considered the most prevalent payment option in the sugar world.
The figures can also vary significantly regarding a sugar baby’s monthly allowance. A sugar baby in mutually beneficial arrangements earns from $1,000 to $10,000 per month on average from her relationship. However, that number can differ depending on the sugar daddy’s financial capabilities, lifestyle, amount of days you meet, and preferences of sugar baby.