What Is Sugar Dating? All You Need To Know About Sugar Relationship
What is sugar baby dating? People talk about it all the time, but very few of them know exactly what sugar dating is really like. In this article, we not only give the definition of such a relationship but also list all its pros and cons.
Here is the list of the best dating websites to find sugar:
Best for newcomers
Best baby to daddy ratio
Best for dating married people
What is sugar dating meaning?
Researchers define a sugar dating as a mutually beneficial relationship between two partners where one, the sugar baby, is compensated by the other, the sugar momma or daddy, for his/her time. However, there is a very important thing that is not mentioned in this definition — the main “element” of such a kind of relationship is companionship. This is actually the most important thing that distinguishes sugar daddies dating from sex work — in sugar relationships, dates, spending time together, support, and conversations are equally or even more important than intimacy. Moreover, there is even platonic arrangement (which are rarer, though).
“Sugarbaby dating” and “sugar daddy dating” is pretty much good old regular dating, and the only thing that distinguishes these two types of relationship is financial support — Pay per meet or monthly allowance or gifts — that are the essential attribute of any sugar relationships.
How common a sugar relationship really is in the USA
According to the statistics, there are over 3 million sugar baby students in the US, not to mention women who have already graduated. One of the most popular sugar daddy sites that we’ve mentioned above, has over 20 million members worldwide and about 5 million members in the US. So, obviously, sugar daddy and sugar baby dating is pretty common in the United States, and the truth is it’s becoming more and more popular every year.
Why people start dating sugar daddy or sugar baby
There are plenty of reasons why people do it, actually. Let’s take a look at the most common ones.
Why ladies choose sugar daddy dating:
- It solves their financial problems
- Daddies often become their mentors
- They like more experienced men better
- They enjoy great relationships without jealousy, too high expectations, and other problems
- They have enough time for self-development, hobbies, and career
But why do men choose sugar babies? Dating them make a lot of sense to men because:
- They choose how much time they want to spend on dating someone
- They enjoy a relationship without any pressure and expectations (especially, if sugar babies already know them)
- They can choose incredibly beautiful women
- They like the feeling of being a benefactor for someone
- They like dating younger women
So, as you can see, that works for both parties. But what are the pros and cons of this dating overall?
Pros & cons of sugar dating
As we have noted above, sugar dating becomes more and more popular. On top of that, both sugar babies and daddies have their own reasons to choose it. However, sugar relationships have also some common benefits and disadvantages.
- Both partners know what they want and are okay with it
- There is no room for jealousy, negative emotions, and failed expectations
- The relationship can be ended without heartbreaking experience
- Both partners have enough time for themselves
- Sugar babies usually meet a lot of Salt and Splenda daddies when looking for a sugar daddy
- Some people still confuse sugar dating with sex work, so it may be stigmatized
- There is always a chance that someone will fall in love
How to enjoy the pros without any cons? There are some “sugar daddy sugar baby rules” and tips both for sugar daddies and sugar babies that help them find really good matches and enjoy every minute they spend with them. And the most important of these rules is “Always discuss the conditions”.
So, what is sugar dating? Should you start dating a sugar daddy or a sugar baby? It’s always up to you. Just consider all the pros and cons and be honest with yourself when making a decision.